News
Loading...

B-More Banner's Avengers: Age of Ultron Review


Hello all, I haven't done a review in a LONG time. I usually leave that to my guy 17, however, I feel like I must do this review. Spoiler Free, unless you want to see the spoiler review a bit later in the article. But for now, we are spoiler free. The Avengers: Age of Ultron was a refreshing look at the team. Only 1 minute separates Avengers 1 and 2. From our understanding there is over an hour more of film that was not released to the public, but at blu-ray release I'm sure we'll get the whole thing. Alot of the complaints I've heard, 17 included, was not enough lead-up, Hawkeye's story was unnecessary, Nick Fury and what's going on with Thor??? I'll explain later. Also while in the theater I got to see the Star Wars Episode VII, Batman V Superman and ANT-MAN trailers.... All definitely interesting and entertaining.

One of the first things I took from Avengers 2 was the attention to tie-in detail. Marvel's Agents of SHIELD the Tuesday before the movie released gives you clues about what is happening in the first scene of the film. The Inhuman Raina had a vision about Loki's scepter and metal men destroying the earth. That was pretty cool, and maybe it's just me, but I love the MCU tie-ins. Getting off topic just a bit, the Avengers battle with Loki was also mentioned in the Daredevil Netflix series. If this is the direction we're going, I'm all in. Back to Avengers 2 now, this film was alot of fun, action packed and hilarious. In my honest opinion, it's NOT better than the first Avengers film. In fact Avengers: Age of Ultron is not in my Top 5 of the MCU films, it's actually sixth. This film does not have to be the better than the first in order to be good and I think alot of people analyze things that way and it's kind of dumb to think that way, but to each their own.

Whedon's choice of camera was intriguing. The scenes had kind of the 300 aura about it with the golden exteriors to intensify the action scenes. Tony Stark is Tony Stark of course and Ultron is Tony Stark Jr. This shows me that they took Ultron's entire background away from Hank Pym who is the original Ant-Man. I didn't like that at first, but it works now after seeing the film. Bruce Banner, not the Hulk stood out to me in this film. Ruffalo is doing a great job as Banner and we see why he is one of the Top 5 smartest characters in the Marvel Universe. Avengers: Age of Ultron falls right into the Kevin Fiege plan for the future. As a fan of the comic book universe as a whole, we do not want comic book movies to fail. I think fans put more pressure on the Marvel/DC battle than the companies themselves. Avengers: Age of Ultron does not fail you.

I wanted to see more of Baron Von Strucker, I hope that was not a spoiler... The Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch relationship felt a bit incest-like, BUT that's how their relationship was way back in the comic book days. It worked, mainly because I've seen it before. Also, the accents weren't needed, they weren't great, but they'll do. I'll answer whether  I prefer Quicksilver from X-Man: Days of Future Past or Avengers: Age of Ultron a little bit later. James Spader as Ultron was the best move, his voice captures the audience and even though he's not as menacing as the comic book counterpart, he is still very unique and demands your attention. Going forward is what I took as the biggest plus of the film and the Vision is part of that "going forward."

All in All, The Avengers is a great follow-up to The Avengers and even a better lead-up to Captain America: Civil War. I give this film a 3.5 out of 5. If you want to see the Spoiler Review, it's below in GREEN... Enjoy.

First and foremost, thank you for reading my Non-Spoiler review. If you are reading this you know what is below, so don't be pissed at me...

The character Ultron needed a little bit more of a build up. As much as I like that character, I needed to see more of an origin, it seemed a bit rushed. In my opinion it didn't hurt the film. James Spader did a great job with Ultron and I would love to see the character again, but in my opinion he's not the best MCU villain. I'll still take Wilson Fisk (Kingpin) and Loki over him. I think had Hank Pym been the creator of Ultron instead of Tony Stark, he would be more menacing. With all of the new characters and stories introduced, Whedon did as great a job as he could not going over 2 1/2 hrs. We all know that there is about an hour worth of film left, I'd love to see that.


Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner is a delight on screen, as I said before, he solidifies himself as one of the top brains in Marvel. I loved seeing Tony and Bruce interact with each other. It's brilliant. As I watched, I felt that the Black Widow Bruce Banner thing was un-needed or rushed, but after the bar scene I totally understand why they went with it. Not to mention, Marvel Cinematic has still not oversexed Scarlett J. and she is still a big deal. I wished we could've seen more of the Black Widow Academy, it ties in to Agent Carter and be on the lookout for the Daredevil tie-in with the church.

What more can you say about Chris Evans, HE IS CAPTAIN AMERICA. If and when he leaves or gets killed off, he will return. In my opinion Bucky will take the mantle of Cap A for 2 films and then I see Chris returning in Avenger 4: Infinity War. It was a great job casting the former Human Torch. Chris Evans and RDJ are setting up Captain America: Civil War perfectly. The pace of the film was a lil hurky jerky at times, taking you to so many places, but it still works in telling the story.

What I noticed about the film is the effect Scarlet Witch played on every Avenger, we know they toned this character down for the film, just like Ultron. But the whole Scarlet Witch/Thor scenario was ehhh... But what it did was tie all the Infinity Stones together, it also births the Vision and links Thor: Ragnorok. If you don't know, Thor: Ragnorok takes place immediately following him leaving earth in Age of Ultron. What my guy 17 wasn't feeling was the Nick Fury scene. So I thought I would help him and everyone else that wondered what the hell he was doing there. Here ya go...



Check out more of Robert's Comics Explained videos here... 

I've heard complaints about there not being a true tie-in to the Black Panther, and so I tell you people to Shut The Hell Up, because obviously you don't know anything. Wakanda, Africa maybe, or what about Ulysses Klaw, and just to put it out there, I really like how Klaw lost his arm. Lastly, Black Panther has been hinted at since Captain America: The First Avenger with the Vibranium. So lay back people, do your research. Alot of people said that Hawkeye in Avengers was lame, I don't agree, in my opinion Hawkeye was great in the first film because eventhough he was possessed by Loki, he still played a important roll to the film, but for all the crybabies, Hawkeye has his story and even if it wasn't needed, it helped focus the audiences attention on TEAM.
Before I conclude, I must say the The Vision is GREAT... Paul Bettany was pure AI entity in this film. I can't wait to see more. He was the only one in the MCU to lift Thor's hammer aside from Odin. Thor was funny as hell in this movie as well. Even though Quicksilver died in Avengers 2, he was in my opinion better than the X-Men: Days of Future Past version and to be honest the X-Men version was so campy corny and the fact that the Quicksilver scene was the best scene in that film doesn't say alot. To me Days of Future Past was boring, NOT BAD, but definitely boring... From what we see at the end, Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, The Vision, War Machine, Scarlet Witch and The Falcon are the new Avengers, like Avengers West Coast, and let's not forget that Ant-Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel will be joining the team. And what about the Defenders (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist) and the Inhuman Quake aka Skye??? I look forward to seeing them all in Avengers 3: Infinity War Part 1.

Lastly, Thanos is being built up as the strongest being in the universe. During the end credits he seems to be on Asgard, he finds the Infinity Gauntlet and puts it on. Now all he needs are the stones. Get prepared to see Thanos in at least 2 more movies before The Infinity War series. And I look forward to seeing Baron Von Strucker again, because I don't think Ultron killed him. This movie entertained me and even though it is not better than the first, it still gets 3.5 out of 5... Go see this film.


Share on Google Plus

About BabyMama Critique

A co-created Fan blog with a mission to share views, ideas and opinions on many topics. To include Comics, Tech, Gadgets, Video Games, Music, Movies, Interviews, WWE, and more.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment