News
Loading...

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lady Mew

*All photos taken by Leviathan Photography, LLC

Say hi to everyone at Following the United Fanboyz.

Herro herro! I'm Lady Mew, just your everyday cosplaying crazy cat lady.

So today, Who would you cosplay RIGHT NOW!!!?


UGH that's such a hard question! Hmmmmm, I guess I'd have to say Sailor Saturn. She's my all-time fave Scout.

What are some costumes you would like to do in the upcoming future?


Oh man, the list is LONG. As of right now I'm working on a battle armor Maleficent, and going to finally start building my FemShep armor. A few simpler costumes I have planned are Leone from Akame ga Kill, Poison Ivy, and maybe Sailor Saturn.

Now that you've been doing cons, is it just fun jumping from one epic city to another meeting all these fans?


I honestly haven't been to that many cons. I mostly go to local ones in Indiana and Chicago, but it's been cool meeting people who actually recognize me! I'm hoping to eventually visit more cons outside of the Midwest.

What are some of the best compliments you have received based on what you've cosplayed?


There is nothing more gratifying than people noticing the intricate details I've put into a cosplay. My Midna from LoZ: Twilight Princess is the most detailed costume I've done and all the blood, sweat, and tears were worth it when people compliment how well it looks. I'm super proud of that costume, so it's nice that people acknowledge the amount of work I put into it.

How many cons do you plan on attending this year? What's your schedule?


As of right now, I only have two that I am for sure attending: C2E2 in Chicago and Gen Con in late July. If I have the chance to make it to some smaller local cons, I will.

Have you won any awards for cosplay? If so, where?


I've never actually entered a cosplay contest! I still don't consider myself good enough to enter, plus being in front of a crowd on stage like that gives me some serious anxiety. Maybe someday, though. With a group, haha.


It's a rumor that it is very hard to find a date with a cosplayer, Is love hard to find in the community?
I can't say for certain, mostly because I've never tried to find love within the community. I'm currently dating a non-geek (which is weird haha) so I'm not sure. I've only tried to reach out and make friends, but I imagine if you find yourself someone you can really connect with, it's entirely possible. I will say, though, if you're seeking love with a cosplayer just because they're a cosplayer, you're doing it wrong.

You also say that you are a gamer, what is your favorite console and games?
I'm mostly an Xbox 360 gamer. My favorite games are the Mass Effect series, Bioshock series, and Assassin's Creed series. I also have so much love for Legend of Zelda.

How can new fans catch up to you online?


Website- http://www.cosplaydeviants.com/profile/mew

Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/ladymewcosplay

Twitter- @rapturecake

Instagram- @rapturecake


Any acknowledgements or shoutouts?


Definitely giving a shoutout to my Cosplay Deviants family! They're some of the most amazing people I've met and talked to. They've really helped me break out of my shell. Plus, who doesn't love nerdy deviants? ;)

Do you have any advice for people who want to explore the world of cosplay?

My biggest advice is to have fun! Don't let other people talk you down about who/what/when to cosplay. The most important thing is that you're having fun. And don't worry about skill levels, everyone starts somewhere, and you can only get better with practice!

* Chidori Photo by Elbert Cuevas
Share on Google Plus

About BabyMama Critique

A co-created Fan blog with a mission to share views, ideas and opinions on many topics. To include Comics, Tech, Gadgets, Video Games, Music, Movies, Interviews, WWE, and more.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment