News
Loading...

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Korii Nah

What's happening United Fanboyz & Girlz. Today we have another beautiful special guest with us. Cosplayer Ms. Korii Nah. Enjoy...
 
 
We see you Launched in May on Facebook. How has the experience been so far with your Fan Page?
 
The fan page experience has been great so far! I am really surprised and grateful that there are so many people that are interested in me and what I am doing. The fan page and my faction of FANatics are slowly growing and I am hoping to reach my first thousand fans soon.
Where are you from and where do you reside now?
 
I was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia. I'm a true "Georgia Peach." Georgia is a great place to live and its awesome that Atlanta has become cosplay and convention mecca of the South East. I get to have all the cosplay fun I want right in my back yard.


Explain to everyone what LARPing is.
 
ARPing is an acronym for "Live Action Role Play." It's a game where you physically act out your character's action and live as said character. Its like a video game except the game and actions are live and in real time. The movie "Role Models" has an amazing LARPing scene to give people a taste of what it's actually like. There are different genres: Fantasy, Post apocalyptic, zombie, vampire, dark age, and tons more. There is an aspect of costuming with LARPing, you must dress the part. I loved the costuming part of LARPing and it definitely segued me into cosplaying.

We see you won 2nd place in DragonCon After Dark. What other contests have you been a part of?

I did win 2nd place in DragonCon After Dark a couple of years ago. It was a black latex body painted costume which was heavily modeled after Akasha's death scene from the movie Queen of the Damned. It was a great experience which really showed me how much time and care the contestants put into their cosplays. That was my first and only contest that I have entered so far as a cosplayer; however, I do plan making costumes specifically to enter costume/cosplay contests for next year's con season.

What are the next few cons you plan on attending?
 
I am actually planning a Con tour with my friends next year. Mega*Con, Dragon*Con, Anime Weekend Atlanta, and Connooga are all on the list. I am looking forward to the Con tour expanding and adding more cons and more locations that are not just in the Georgia area. My dream is to make it to San Diego Comic Con.

Have you created the majority of your costumes? What's the costume you put in the most work with?

I do create a majority of my costumes and accessories, but I find nothing wrong in buy certain pieces if I don't have the time or means to make something. My 90's cartoon Storm costume is the costume that I put in the most work. I made it completely from scratch including the accessories and it took me about 5 days to complete. I am very proud of this costume because it really pushed me to use my sewing and crafting skills to create such an intense and massive piece. Also, I spent hours watching the cartoon, taking screen shots, and notes to create a not only beautiful cosplay, but accurate and true to the cartoon.



Aside from being a geek and being satisfied with that, where do you see yourself going with Cosplay in the next few years to come?

I am fairly new to the cosplay world, so for me, the sky is the limit! I am really hoping to grow this brand that I am creating and open my own online store and fill it with clothes and accessories that those in the cosplay community would find interesting. I want to push myself, mind and body, to create bigger and better costumes and visit more conventions and meet more people. I have a lot of ideas bouncing around in my head for future projects so I'm definitely excited to see how everything plays out. Cosplay is something that I really fell in love with and I hope this journey that I am on never ends.
 How can new fans see you?
I hope everyone joins my growing faction of FANatics by finding me on...
 
Facebook:
 
Twitter:
 
Instagram:
 
and Yahoo:

We want to thank you for spending some time with us today, we look forward to collabing with you soon. Would you like to do shoutouts or mentions?
 
Thank you so much for inviting me into your world and allowing me to do this interview! I want to give a huge shout out to my mom who doesn't understand what cosplay is or why I do it, but has given me nothing but support since day one. Also, a big shoutout to my friends and family who stand beside me and one more HUGE shoutout to the Faction of FANactics out there who follow me and support what I do. I love you all!

 
 
Share on Google Plus

About BabyMama Critique

A co-created Fan blog with a mission to share views, ideas and opinions on many topics. To include Comics, Tech, Gadgets, Video Games, Music, Movies, Interviews, WWE, and more.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment