News
Loading...

Defiance - SyFy's new hit!



SyFy’s new show Defiance is finally here! This new prime time Science Fiction TV show premiered this past Monday night @9pm eastern time. I wanted to make this post because I love great TV shows, and I love Sci-Fi. The Syfy channel should be my channel of choice, yet none of their “original” shows have grabbed me. Lately I usually tune into Syfy for WWE Smackdown or my DVR for Smackdown. But enough about Syfy, let’s get into its new show Defiance.

“You can read the synopsis below”

I am not going to retell the story or the events of the first show, but just give my views on what I saw, yet you can read the synopsis below. Defiance may be the Sci-fi show that the masses have been waiting for! After viewing the pilot show I feel that they are on to something. This first episode to me started off strong, we got to meet the main characters and learn just enough about their relationships to make you want to view next week. I also feel that there was enough use of special effects to almost reach the level of epic. I also liked the fact that the humans are the minority in this world and the story develops around the aliens as much as the humans. Yet the story did start off slow, and I found myself almost forcing myself to care about some characters. Again this was only the first show and there are a lot of storyline holes to fill from what I saw. How did the war start? What did the main characters go through in the 33 years leading up to this episode? What was the point of the last battle? Yes I would like those questions and more answered, but this is a reason for me to keep watching! Stay tuned to SyFy for more Defiance every Monday @ 9pm. The more that watches the better our TV experience will be. I believe this show will develop into a winner, and I didn't even touch on the connected MMO Shooter either. Good luck SyFy you have my remote, I will defy the rules and watch!
Defiance the show debut on 4/15/13 reached 2.7 million viewers, and the game Defiance has had 6 million hours of game play since 4/2/13.

“Enough use of special effects to almost reach the level of epic.”



Synopsis:
The series is set in the near future, where aliens known collectively as Votans have come to Earth seeking a new home after their solar system was destroyed. However, when they reached Earth, they discovered despite a prolonged negotiation with the government on Earth, they were not welcome. Rather than turn away, they began a war with the humans as they are determined to make Earth their new home. During the war, the Votans drop terraformers on the planet and transform the surface of the planet; scorching the earth, opening chasms in the ground and covering the surface of the planet in dust and debris. After decades of war, a ceasefire is declared when both sides realise they must focus on survival on this new almost alien planet. The series largely revolves around the character of Jeb Nolan. Jeb was only ten years old when the Votans arrived and he served in the military during the war. With the war now over, he returns to his hometown of St Louis to find it's is no longer the city he left; it is little more than refugee camp. Deciding his services are needed, Jeb takes up a position as the Chief Lawkeeper in Defiance, so he can protect the town from dangerous clashes between humans, aliens, military scavengers and other dangerous visitors who occasionally enter the town
Share on Google Plus

About J. Martel

A co-created Fan blog with a mission to share views, ideas and opinions on many topics. To include Comics, Tech, Gadgets, Video Games, Music, Movies, Interviews, WWE, and more.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment